For a good treatment it is necessary that I, as your treating therapist, create a file.
This is also a legal obligation imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes that I make during or after the sessions about the treatment process and the intake form/treatment agreement that you have completed and signed yourself. The file also contains information that is necessary for your treatment and that I, after your explicit permission, have requested from another healthcare provider, for example from the general practitioner. I do my best to ensure your privacy.
This means, among other things, that I:
• Handle your personal and medical information with care
• Make sure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data as your treating therapist.
I alone have access to the data in your file. I have a legal duty of confidentiality (professional secrecy).
The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
• To inform other healthcare providers, for example when therapy has been completed or when a referral is made to a other practitioner. This only happens with your explicit permission.
• For the use of a deputy colleague, should this be necessary during my absence.
• Or for anonymous use during peer review.
• A small part of the data from your file is used for financial administration, so that I or my administrator, can prepare an invoice.
If I want to use your data for any other reason, i will first inform you and explicitly ask for your permission.
This data will remain in the client file and, as required by the treatment agreement law, will be kept for 20 years.
privacy on the healthcare invoice
The health care invoice that you receive contains the information requested by the health insurer, so that you can declare this bill to your health insurer.
• Your name, address and place of residence
• Your date of birth
• The date of the treatment
• The policy number and name of your insurance company
• A short description of the treatment, such as, for example, 'Treatment Body oriented psychotherapy ', 'Natural medicine treatment' or 'Psychosocial consultation'.
• The costs of the consultation